Barajas Madrid Airport Car RentalCheck the MAD Airport Car Rental Options and FInd the Top Car Hire Deals
Madrid Airport Car Rentals
The perfect way to enjoy an unwinding, relaxed and stress-free journey to Madrid is to hire a Madrid car rental. Traveling on a car rental, you’ll have full autonomy while being able to plan your schedule exactly as you wish and exploring Madrid unhurriedly, in a leisurely way. By renting a car, you can forget all about trying to hail a cab to reach your destination, full of worries about potential scams or the final cost of your ride. Undoubtedly, Madrid’s public transportation system is efficient and considered a value-for-money transferring option. However, you’ll still be dependent on the buses, metro, or trains’ itineraries, and you’ll waste precious time changing lines and walking to the exact location of each of your destinations. Therefore, an airport car rental is a solution to every one of the above-mentioned problems.
The good news is that many car rental companies operate at MAD Airport. Car hire agencies are to be found at T1 and T4 of Barajas Airport, offering premium services and intriguing deals. Thus, all you have to do is examine your options to find a cheap car rental, a worth-the-money car-hire option, or even both of them!
Car Rental Companies at Madrid Airport
The car rental agencies are located both at T1 and T4 of MAD Airport. Major international car hires companies and local providers have official desks lying on the ground level and the Car Park P1 of T1, and the -1 level and the Car Park P4 of T4.
Explicitly, the car rental companies providing services at Madrid Airport are:
- AVIS Budget: Parking P1 (Level 0) – Ground floor of T1
- Europcar-InterRent: Parking P1 (Level 0) – Ground floor of T1
- Hertz-Firefly: Parking P1 (Level 0) – Ground floor of T1
- Goldcar-InterRent: Parking P1 (Level 0) – Ground floor of T1
- Enterprise Rent a Car: Parking P1
- Sixt: Parking P1 (Level 0) – Ground floor of T1
- AVIS-Budget: Level -1 of T4 – Car Park P4 Module C (Floor 0)
- Europcar-InterRent: Level -1 of T4 – Car Park P4 Module B (Floor 0)
- Hertz-Firefly: Level -1 of T4 – Car Park P4 Module B (Floor 0)
- Goldcar-InterRent: Level -1 of T4 – Car Park P4 Module A (Floor 0)
- Enterprise Rent a Car: Level -1 of T4 – Car Park P4 Module B (Floor 0)
- Record Go: Level -1 of T4 – Car Park P4 Module D (Floor 0)
- Sixt: Level -1 of T4 – Car Park P4 Module C (Floor 0)
Useful Guide to MAD Airport Car Rentals
- Rental companies offer many extra amenities, such as child seats, GPS, Bluetooth, etc. Hence, if you have special needs, you should check them with your provider.
- Please keep in mind that to find the best deals and the widest variety of vehicles, you have to book your car rental online in advance.
- The sooner you’ll make your reservation, the better car hire deals you’ll find.
- Renting a car requires a credit card and an ID/passport.
- An at least one-year driving license is also a condition to hire a car in Spain.
- If the data on your national driving license isn’t written with Roman characters or it isn’t accepted by the Spanish authorities, you might be asked for an International Driving Permit.
- Please keep in mind that you should always check the eligibility requirements of every company. Extra age limits may apply for some vehicle types, along with supplement fees imposed for young drivers.
- The full-insurance option is the best way to be financially protected from accidents and potential damages to the rental vehicle.
- Before starting your journey, take some pictures of the vehicle to capture already existing damages.
- The fuel-to-fuel policy can save you money, as car rental agencies ask for a much higher fee to refill the vehicle than the local gas stations.
- An additional driver usually demands an extra fee.
- Always respect Spanish traffic laws. If you receive a fine, the car rental agent will send it to you, and you’ll have to pay the sending fees.
- Please note that you should return the car before the 24-hour period so as not to be charged for an entire extra day (car rental agencies charge per day).
- Chauffeur-driven cars are also an option at MAD Airport.
Where is the Firefly car rental office located at Madrid Barajas Airport?
The Firefly car rental desk is located on the ground floor of T1 and the Car Park P1, just across the street from the T1 Arrivals area. At T4, the Firefly office lies on floor -1 and the ground level of module B of Car Park P4. Passengers who land at T2 or T3 can use the free airport shuttle bus to reach one of the Firefly desks’ locations.
Is it cheaper to rent a car before or at the airport?
Making your car rental reservation before your upcoming trip secures the best car rental deals and the availability of the vehicle of your preference. In fact, early bookings almost always guarantee the most low-cost prices. On the contrary, on-the-spot bookings at the airport can be time-consuming.